It is never a bad idea to have a vegetarian dish for any party. These spring rolls will be a hit at your party.VEGETARIAN MINI-SPRING ROLLS
· 1/2 container firm tofu, well pressed & sliced into thin strips
· 1/4 head green cabbage, sliced thin
· 2 carrots, julienne
· 1 cup snow peas, thinly sliced
· 3 cups bean sprouts
· 2 tbsp canola oil
· salt to taste
· 1 pkg mini-spring roll wrappers
· 1 cup vegetable broth
· 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp cold water
· 2 tsp sesame oil
· Oil for frying
· Dipping sauce, optional – you may use store bought bottled sweet sour sauce
Cook carrots in a small amount of water then set aside.
Heat the canola oil in skillet and sautee the cabbage & snow peas. Add the carrots & tofu strips and mix together. Pour in the vegetable broth, stir and cook until vegetables are done. Add bean sprouts and let cook for another minute or two. Add salt to taste if desired. Thicken with cornstarch-water mixture. Stir in the sesame oil. Let cool before wrapping.
Place 2 tablespoons of the tofu / veggie mix in spring roll wrappers. Wrap the rolls and then pan fry in oil. Drain the oil and then place on a serving plate.